Ride Length: 2 Minutes
Great for All Ages
Open since November 28, 1974
Location: Tomorrowland, Magic Kingdom
Rocket into the skies of Tomorrowland on this ride for the whole family.
This rocket-spinning ride takes passengers up in the air over Tomorrowland. This ride is a sci-fi take on the popular Dumbo ride in Fantasyland, but the key difference is that Astro Orbiter takes you much higher in the air. Passengers actually have to get into an elevator to board their rocket ship. Rockets go around in a circle, with passengers controlling the height of their ship.
Tips and Trivia
- Guests who have a fear of heights should skip this ride.
- The Astro Orbiter originally opened as “Star Jets” in 1974. The Star Jets name lives on today at Tokyo Disneyland.
- Like Dumbo and The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, this is a great attraction for young kids.
- Rockets hold two passengers at a time.
- At 11 rotations a minute, the ride averages 1.2 million miles per year.