Ride Length: About 5 Minutes
Great for Kids, Teens, Adults
Opening since October 1, 1971
Location: Tomorrowland, Magic Kingdom
Burn rubber at Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland Speedway.
Guests get a taste of Indy Car racing along this railed-track ride. Get behind the wheel of the two person vehicle, and hit your pedal to the metal. Speeds are generally tame, and the rail in the center of the track prevents any of the cars from hitting each other. This is a fun attraction, especially for kids far too young for a drivers license. While kids over 32″ can ride, you have to be at least 54″ tall to drive the car. Note that lines tend to be very long on this ride.
Tips and Trivia
- Cars fit two guests at a time.
- No lap sitting is allowed on this ride. Riders around the minimum height requirement of 32″ might have a hard time seeing.
- Love cars, but want a bigger sense of speed? Check out Test Track at Epcot!
- The track is .4 miles long. Speeds top out at 7 MPH.
- This ride is terrific for kids. For many, driving a car at the Tomorrowland Speedway is a right of passage.