While Star Wars Weekends don’t start until May 17, guests at Walt Disney World will have a chance to celebrate the far, far away galaxy this weekend on Saturday, May 4th. With special entertainment and exclusive merchandise, this is one day that Star Wars fans should head to Hollywood Studios. Keep reading for details on this Limited Time Magic Event.
For those of you not aware, May the Fourth is known as Star Wars Day thanks to the play on words: “May The Fourth Be With You.” While the pun has been used since the 70s, this year marks the first time that a Disney Park is celebrating May 4th as Star Wars Day. What an appropriate way to celebrate acquiring Lucasfilm and the Star Wars franchise!
Sign up for your FREE Disney World Vacation Planning Video
The Star Wars festivities will only take place in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. On May 4th, you will be able to
- Ride Star Tours with Chewbacca and other characters, as Star Wars characters will make surprise appearances on the ride throughout the day. (I wish they did this more often!)
- Fight Darth Vader along side your little one during a “special edition” of Jedi Training Academy. Parents are invited to train with their children. Sign-ups are for children 4–12, on a first come basis.
- Purchase exclusive May the 4th merchandise.
- Dance the night away at a special Star Wars Dance Party, DJ’ed by Lobot,Lando’s bald friend with the weird computer around his head in Empire Strikes Back. (That’s the official description).
- Enjoy Star Wars themed fireworks at the end of the day.
- and more!
So if you can’t make it out for Star Wars Weekends later this month, this Saturday seems like a perfect time to head to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Will you be attending? Let me know on Twitter or Facebook, or email me at email@example.com.
May the Fourth Be With You!