From small children to adults, everyone loves meeting their favorite Disney characters during a Walt Disney World vacation. While many people focus on the big E-Ticket attactions, some of the most memorable moments can come from a character interaction. What’s not as much fun is waiting in long lines to meet Mickey, Minnie, Donald. However, there are ways for Disney World experts to avoid the lines. Here are the top three ways to meet your favorite characters with minimal waiting.
1. Use Fastpass+
With the new Fastpass+ system, guests can reserve a time to meet their favorite character with a shortened line. Since Meet and Greet lines can be among the longest at the parks, this is a great way to save time and spend less time waiting around.
Sign up for your FREE Disney World Vacation Planning Video
Choose from Mickey or the Princesses at the Magic Kingdom, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy at Epcot, or Mickey and Minnie at the Animal Kingdom.
2. Show your Disney Visa Chase Card at Epcot
At Innoventions West, Disney Visa cardholders have an exclusive opportunity to meet their favorite Disney pals. Characters change throughout the day but typically include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, or Pluto. Since this is relatively unknown compared to other character interactions, the wait is almost always short. As an added bonus, cardholders are entitled to one free 5×7 Disney photopass pic per group.
3. Dine at a Character Breakfast or Dinner
Throughout the Walt Disney World resort, there are several restaurants that offer the opportunity to dine with your favorite characters. From Mickey and pals, the princesses, and Winnie the Pooh and friends, diners don’t have to wait in line to meet their favorite characters since they will stop by your table. Our favorite – Breakfast at the Crystal Palace with Pooh and Friends.
Here’s the complete list of Character Dining experiences at Walt Disney World:
- 1900 Park Fare – Grand Floridian: Supercalifragilistic Breakfast with Mary Poppins, Alice, etc, Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner with Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming, etc.
- Cape May Cafe – Beach Club: Breakfast features Goofy, Donald, and Minnie.
- Chef Mickey’s – Contemporary: Breakfast and Dinner feature Chef Mickey, Chef Goofy, Chip, and Dale.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table – Magic Kingdom: Features Disney Princesses.
- Crystal Palace – Magic Kingdom: Features Pooh and Friends.
- Garden Grill – Epcot: Dinner with Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale.
- Garden Grove – Swan: Breakfast features Goofy and Pluto (Weekends Only). Dinner with Goofy and Pluto. Chip and Dale on Fridays.
- Hollywood and Vine – Hollywood Studios: Playhouse Disney’s Play N Dine featuring Special Agent Oso, Handy Manny, and June and Leo. Breakfast and Lunch.
- Mickey’s Backyward BBQ – Fort Wilderness: Mickey, Minnie, and Friends. (Note: This is currently closed, but scheduled to reopen at some point in the future.)
- Ohana’s – Polynesian: Ohana Character Breakfast featuring Lilo & Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto.
- Perfectly Princess Tea Party – Grand Floridian: Featuring Disney Princesses.
- Tusker House – Animal Kingdom: Donald’s Safari Breakfast and Lunch features Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy.
- Wonderland Tea Party – Grand Floridian: Featuring characters from Alice in Wonderland.