With Hurricane Irma making its way to Florida, Walt Disney World has made the following announcements to park operations and events:
Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Disney Springs, Disney’s Blizzard Beach, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will begin a phased closure today and ending by 9 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. Then, beginning at 9 p.m. on Saturday, all of these areas will remain closed through Monday, Sept. 11, 2017. Operations may begin resuming by Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2017, but Disney will make further announcements at a later date once they have assessed the impact of Hurricane Irma.
The phased closures are as follows:
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park: Closed as of Friday, 9/8 – Monday, 9/11
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Closing Saturday 9/9 at 5 p.m. – Monday, 9/11
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex: Closed on Saturday, 9/9 – Monday, 9/11
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Closing on Saturday, 9/9 at 7 p.m. – Monday, 9/11
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Closing on Saturday, 9/9 at 7 p.m. – Monday, 9/11
- Epcot: Closing on Saturday, 9/9 at 9 p.m. – Monday, 9/11 (Illuminations: Reflections of Earth performance is canceled on 9/9)
- Magic Kingdom® Park: Closing on Saturday, 9/9 at 9 p.m. – Monday, 9/11 (Happily Ever After fireworks performance is canceled on 9/9)
- Disney Springs: Closing on Saturday, 9/9 at 9 p.m. – Monday, 9/11
Please also keep in mind the following Disney cancellations:
- La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil 9 p.m. show canceled on Saturday, Sept. 9.
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort will close Saturday, Sept. 9 at 10 a.m.
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort closed as of Friday, Sept. 7 at 2 p.m.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Treehouses will be closed beginning Saturday, Sept. 9 at 2 p.m.
- Night of Joy at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex has been canceled on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. The performances on Friday, Sept. 8 will take place as planned. Guests with tickets for Saturday can attend Friday’s event instead by exchanging their tickets at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Box Office after 4 p.m. Friday. Requests for a full refund will also be honored.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled on Sunday, Sept. 10, 2017. If you have a ticket for this date, you can exchange your tickets for one of the following options:
- Tickets to attend another Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- 1-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option, to be used within the next 2 years
- Full refund of your event tickets
To avail of one of these options, guests should call (407) 939-7818 by Jan. 31 or email Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com.
Disney will continue to monitor any changes with Hurricane Irma, and of course we here at Guide2WDW will keep you posted with any updates as soon as the announcements are made. Stay safe everyone!
Image Credit: NOAA/CIRA