IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Show length - 15 minutes
Great for All Ages
Open since October 1, 1999
Location: World Showcase, Epcot
Epcot's nightly fireworks spectacular at the World Showcase.
Located in the middle of the World Showcase Lagoon, Epcot’s nightly fireworks spectacular IllumiNations has been delighting Walt Disney World guests for over a decade. Themed around the history of the Earth and humankind, IllumiNations depicts its three acts of Chaos, Order, and Meaning through fireworks, pyrotechnics, and music. The centerpiece of IllumiNations is the globe that moves to the middle of the lagoon. Disney claims that the globe is the world’s first spherical video display system.
IllumiNations is truly spectacular, and a trip to Disney World would not be complete without heading over to Epcot to see these fireworks. Many consider IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth to be the best fireworks show at Walt Disney World.
Tips and Trivia
- IllumiNations occurs at the end of the day, which is usually around 9PM. However, this is always subject to change, so be sure to check the show times guide the day you visit the park.
- Because the show is located in the middle of the World Showcase lagoon, there are many great viewing spots located around the World Showcase. If you want a prime spot (like the seats right by the Rose and Crown in England), be sure to show up at least 30 minutes before the show starts.
- The fireworks can actually be seen from Disney’s Boardwalk resort, so you can check out the show without going into the park. However, you will not be able to see any of the pyrotechnics or hear the music.
- Do not miss IllumiNations around the holidays. In addition to the regular fireworks, there is a 5 minute post-show, which features the most spectacular finale I’ve ever seen in a fireworks show. The word stunning truly applies here.
- Fastpass+ is available for IllumiNations, but we don’t recommend it for a few reasons. 1st of all, it is a Tier 1 Fastpass reservation, which means you can’t get it with a reservation for Soarin’ or Test Track. Since there are plenty of great viewing areas for IllumiNations around World Showcase Lagoon, your Fastpass+ reservation is better used on one of those two rides. Lastly, since you can get additional Fastpass+ reservations after you use your first three, having a Fastpass+ reservation for IllumiNations prevents you from getting a fourth or fifth Fastpass+. The only time it makes sense to get a Fastpass+ reservation for IllumiNations is for the fourth or fifth reservation after you used your first three, if any are available.